Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Live From London, This is Q ...and I Won't Be There

A few months ago, you may remember me blogging/tweeting/facebooking about the #JianInLdnOnt campaign. This was an effort to bring CBC Broadcaster Jian Ghomeshi and his show Q to London for a live show. Being a long time fan of the show and Jian, I was on board!

It was a lot of fun to be a part of the campaign, even getting Kermie involved! Of course, I was thrilled when he announced that London had won the contest and would be doing a show from London. Details would follow but it would be in February of the new year.

In the meantime...my sister Connie was diagnosed with breast cancer. She had surgery in December and will soon be starting treatment. So, when she invited me to join her and Steve and Madison in Florida for a week of relaxing in the sun, I thought it was the perfect opportunity. What a great idea for me to be able to spend some time with some of my favourite people. As much as I'd like to, I just don't see them as often as I'd like during regular life.

I booked a one way ticket and am flying from Detroit to Florida and taking a road trip back to Canada with the Berrys.

Wouldn't you know that when Jian announced the London date today...it's when I'm in Florida. I'm so disappointed and people have suggested changing my trip. That is not a realistic option, so I will miss Q and the gang in London. Looking forward to Florida and catching the podcast. Hopefully they will return to the Forest City.

No comments: