Saturday, July 24, 2010

Happy Anniversary



Five years ago, I had just returned from some graphics training in Toronto. While I was there I discussed starting a blog with my friend Simon. I came back to work and was in the middle of a major project of switching from "The New PL" to A Channel. Everything about the station was changing in appearance from trucks to on-air presentation. In addition, we were launching a brand new graphics system. Wow, a major undertaking! At the same time, my sister Jo-Anne was getting ready to have her first baby. She ended up going 2 weeks early...the precise weekend of our big project at work. Why am I telling you this? Because it was during all of this that I started THIS BLOG! SEE MY FIRST MONTH HERE

It's been five years of writing about anything and everything. From threading my sewing machine to my phobia of gum. From bragging about my nieces and nephews to concerts I've attended. For the past five years...this is my life. It's kind of neat to reflect and see what I was up to and what I was thinking. It's like a journal. A rather public journal.

At times, I wonder who actually reads my musings, but I do have seven followers, and probably more that I'm not even aware of. I have inspired many of my friends to start their own blogs. Some have continued faithfully, others have lost momentum.

To commemorate this occasion, I have decided to print the last five years of blogging into a book. I heard about this idea on CBC's "Spark" and thought it was cool. You can check it out here.

So, to all my readers, thanks for stopping by. See ya next time!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

This is cool! nice pic.

Anonymous said...

My friend Vanessa did the same when she returned from Korea. She spend a summer editing her blog into a "blook" and had it published through Blurb.
Great idea!
xoxo
Carol-Ann