Sunday, November 06, 2011

Thoughts about Parents

I am convinced that something happens to you when you become a parent. Something inside you changes as you become less self-focused and suddenly you would do anything for this little being that is part of you. I really can't say for sure, since I am not a parent but I have observed this change in most parents.

Mine are no exception. Throughout the years there have been many times when they sacrificed their own time, desires or financially for the love of their kids.

Since I bought my house, I have particularly noticed this. My mom & dad have helped out so much with mundane tasks around the house that have helped me out so much. It's actually been a really great bonding experience for me & Dad as he shows me how to do things and trips to Home Depot.

Last week they came and helped me get ready for winter. While Dad & I worked outside - cleaning out the eaves and putting patio furniture, rain barrel and hoses away for winter, my mom worked away in the kitchen. She cleaned my oven, my toaster oven...even my coffee maker! When I came inside, everything was sparkling!

Thanks Mom & Dad...for all you do and all that you are to me.

1 comment:

Carol-Ann Murray said...

It really is amazing the things our parents will do for us....I don't know if I can fathom the amount of love and selflessness it takes to become one!