Saturday, May 08, 2010

Fun with Madison

My sister Connie recently opened a tearoom and I've been helping her with some design stuff. So, on Sunday afternoon I was working on my computer at a table by the window while Connie was in the kitchen whipping up some wonderful dessert. Steve & Madison had gone to get some groceries and when they arrived to deliver them, Madison sprang into action.

It was so adorable to watch! She appeared at my table with a tray and an order pad & pen. She informed me that her pretend name for the day was "Queen" and I needed a name. I chose "Ivy". Then she told me that it was my pretend birthday and she had some special treats for me. She proceeded to take my order on her pad and disappeared into the kitchen.

When she arrived back at my table, she had a plate with 3 small desserts drizzled with chocolate sauce (had a little help from Mom) and wished me a happy birthday! Ha ha. Hilarious. She was very particular about placing everything on the table and carrying her tray. She could almost step in and work there this summer!

Later on, I stayed with Madison while Connie & Steve went out for a bit. We had such a great time! We started out playing "Go Fish". When we were done, I suggested we play again and have a tournament. After I explained what that was, she went and found a paper and pen and wrote both of our names without any help. And then she had the idea that between our names she should put VS. I don't think she knew what that meant, but she knew it should be there.

We went on to play Uno and Wheel of Fortune. (she LOVES Wheel of Fortune) When we got it out of the box, she informed me that she would be Pat and when I guessed an "E" she told me that I had to say that I'd like to buy a vowel. What a smart little cookie.

So, little Madison is growing up but I've gotta say she has become such a neat little girl.

No comments: