Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Birthday Girl

March 16th marks the passing of another year. It was on that date I entered this world! So, each year on that date, people sing to me, give me cards...even gifts!


On Sunday I showed up at my sister's house for dinner with the fam, only to find 2 little boys "decorating" for my "party". Too cute. Jesse was all about ripping off his own tape while Liam just ran around with the helium balloons. After we were properly decked out for the party, Jesse played me a pretty rockin' rendition of "Happy Birthday Auntie Janice" on his guitar. (his guitar was a cardboard box with elastic bands that he made that afternoon) Wow, birthdays with kids are so fun!

Today, on my actual birthday, I met a friend for breakfast at Cora's. Not a bad way to start the day! Then I decided to finally use the gift certificate I've had on my fridge for the past YEAR (yes, got it for my birthday last year) and get a manicure/pedicure. I got green on my phalanges...for St. Paddy's Day!

I tried to keep the birthday on the down-low at work...but that didn't last long. In fact, because Nick (our resident town crier for such events) was off today, he called in on speakerphone to lead a round of Happy Birthday. Nice.

Thanks to everyone that made my day a great one!

No comments: