Wednesday, May 09, 2018

My Precious Boy

Today is a special day for me & this guy.

Three years ago I met Cody for the first time. I was a little nervous - this was like nothing I had ever done before. What if he didn't like me? What if I didn't like him?

I rang the bell and took a deep breath. Cody spent a few minutes hiding behind Devin, but it didn't take long for him to invite me to see his toys and play with Nerf guns in the back yard. Soon after, he wormed his way right into my heart.

I didn't spend 9 months preparing to meet him. Although, it could be said, I spent my entire life preparing to meet him - without even knowing it. I didn't carry him or deliver him, but he has made me a mummy and has filled an empty spot in my heart.

Being a parent is the hardest job there is. (And being a step parent is even tougher) But, the rewards are also far greater than I ever could have imagined.

Tonight we are going on a family "date" to celebrate this special anniversary. Cody is so excited... and so am I.





No comments: