Thursday, May 24, 2018

Celebrating Two Years

Has it really been two years since we joined our lives together? In some ways, it seems like yesterday. In other ways, it feels like we've been a family unit forever!


This year, our anniversary was just after our week away at Top Tech. Since we had just spent five days away from home, we decided to go low key on the big day. Although, it does fall very close to the long weekend so we took off to Uncle Cliff & Aunt Penny's cottage for the May 24 weekend. We had a wonderful and relaxing time with two of our favourite people. We even stopped at The Black Dog for lunch on our way to the cottage. This great little spot in Bayfield was a favourite on our honeymoon, so it was fun to go back with Cody to commemorate our special day.

On May 22, we stopped at the Elm Hurst (conveniently located 10 minutes from our house!) for a quick smooch photo in front of the fountain. I like the idea of getting the same photo each year on our anniversary. Makes for a neat photo journey.

We then headed into London to Forrat's Chocolates. We had received a gift card to do a date night here from our dear friends Peter & Sabrina (as a wedding gift two years ago!). It was high time we used it! What a decadent experience! We had such a nice evening relaxing by the fireplace and indulging in a smooth chocolate fondue.
I truly feel like I won the jackpot when I met Devin. He's more than I ever could've hoped for in a husband; patient, loving, encouraging, hilarious, pulling me outside my comfort zone while being a perfectly matched partner for me. I never quite understood when people said they loved their spouse more each day, but now I get it. I really do fall more in love with this guy each day.

And, the bonus for me is that he came with an added feature - Cody! What an amazing blessing he has been in my life. These two boys turned my world upside down, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: