Thursday, April 18, 2013

Small Boy, Good Taste

I recently had my nephew Liam over for dinner. He's five and loves music. He's constantly bee-bopping to the music in his head and has a great sense of rhythm.

goofing with iPad's PhotoBooth
While we were eating, I had my favourite playlist on Songza. Everything was fine until Bob Dylan came on. He asked me to please change it because he didn't like that one. I hit next and it was another Dylan song. He scrunched up his nose and shook his head. I agreed and told him that Dylan was an acquired taste. Maybe someday he would enjoy the classic.

The next song that came on was Simon & Garfunkel's Cecelia. His face lit up and he started groovin' right away. "I like this one, Auntie Janice!"

Ahhh, good boy Liam. A kindred spirit indeed!

No comments: