Saturday, March 31, 2012

Kim-dred Spirits

There are few times in life where your path crosses that of another that offers the kind of friendship I share with my friend Kim. This week I realized just how much I miss her.

It's been nearly two years since Kim moved to Winnipeg with her family and this week drove back to Ontario for their spring break. When I answered the door and saw my old friend, it was like pulling on my favourite sweater on a cold day.

Kim knows me. She knows my story, my back story and the story of my family. We haven't been the best at keeping in touch but we instantly picked up where we left off. We can laugh and we can cry. When it was time for her to leave, I was sad... but also realized just how much I love my dear friend.


1 comment:

Nikkeh said...

This post made me miss my childhood friend! Sometimes I wish I could be 12 again...just for a day. :)