Thursday, March 28, 2019

I'm Not A Stepmom, I'm the Mum That Stepped Up

I know I am way overdue with updating my blog. I have so many words in my head I'd love to flow through my fingers, but finding the time to sit down and make it happen is challenging.

Speaking of challenging, I had a challenging day yesterday. The kind of day where you wonder what the right thing is for your kid and desperately wanting to make the right decision but it's difficult to discern which way to go.

In the evening, I was working on the computer and a message popped up from Cody's piano teacher. She sent me the following words. Tears streamed down my face as I read them. It was exactly what I needed to read yesterday. Thank you Lord for speaking through her!

A good stepmom is not made, she is built. She is built by the hardships of her role, the tears she cries in secret, and by the lessons she learns through trial and error.

The passionate stepmom makes mistakes. She has strong opinions that she often can't express. She remains quiet when she wants to scream. She makes sacrifices others may not be capable of. She learns how to love in many different ways. And she gives. She gives her heart, her soul, and her life to making sure a child she didn't give birth to smiles, has wonderful memories, and - most importantly - feels loved.


1 comment:

şükrü said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.