Thursday, November 22, 2018

You Want Lights With That? (Part 2)

This week Devin & I were setting up the Christmas tree in our basement and stringing the lights in preparation to decorate it with Cody. Last year, we had a terrible time with the incandescent lights. They had served me well for most of my years since moving out on my own, so I couldn't complain. But, many of them had burnt out and we decided to pitch them and get new LED lights this year.

So, we strung our new lights on the tree - they looked great! Then we put the tree topper on. Yuck. It had old incandescent lights on it and the faded yellow light they emitted compared to the nice bright white lights on the tree just looked awful.

I looked at Devin and asked if we should get a new tree topper? I was hesitant because this one had particular sentimental value. Three years ago (our FIRST Christmas together) Devin & I decorated my Christmas tree. As we put the star on top I commented that it looked nice in the daylight but since it didn't have any lights on it, it looked strange in the dark with the tree lit up. He quickly asked if I'd like him to add lights and got some tools out of his truck.

I was swooning! Here is this amazing man that is not only capable of doing such a thing, but he's willing to do it with a smile on his face! AND I was marrying him. I was so impressed, I blogged about it here.

Fast forward three years to when we put the topper on the tree this year and my comment about the lights. Just as quickly as last time, he asked if I'd like him to switch out the lights to LEDs? He was eager to do so and within about 20 minutes it was on the tree, looking like it belonged.

The funny thing is, the next day when I looked at my Facebook memories, the original lighting adventure popped up. It was nearly to the DAY. Too funny!

And for the record, I'm just as enamored with this many three years later. In fact, perhaps even more so!

No comments: