Thursday, March 30, 2017

"Just Because" Flowers are the BEST!

Yesterday my husband arrived home with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. It wasn't my birthday, our anniversary or any other "special" day. He got them for me just because. Or, more accurately, he had listened to a broadcast from Chuck Swindoll that encouraged listeners to love their family, spend time with them, and let them know how special they are. He was inspired by this message to pick up flowers for me on the way home.

I don't need flowers every day, every week or every month, but it sure felt nice to be appreciated. It's so easy to get caught up in the to-do list that we miss key opportunities to enjoy moments with the ones we love.

Last night Devin & Cody went for a bike ride while I got dinner ready. And this morning when Cody bounded into our room - all dressed and ready for school, we lingered a few extra moments having some morning snuggles. As he said "it's the best way for me to start the day".

I agree!

Footnote: You can listen to Chuck Swindoll's 3 part series here - entitled Delightful Memories Your Children Won't Forget.

No comments: