Monday, November 09, 2009

Autumn Walk

If I didn't know better, I would've thought we flipped the calendar back this weekend. The sun was shining, the temperatures were high... the weather was gorgeous! Fall is my favouritest of seasons and I always feel that it passes too quickly. It is a few short weeks of glorious crisp days and golden leaves and all of a sudden, the trees are bare and the winds are more slicing than crisp. It's a sad reality that winter bullies its way into both fall and spring and has the lion's share of seasons. It's simply not fair.

Anyway...that was not the case this weekend. On Saturday my friend Sue & I went for a walk around the Dorchester pond. What a wonderful way to spend a Saturday! Dragging your feet through rustling leaves, breathing in the smell of fall. I can't really pin-point what that smell is...but I love it. It was so nice, I left my jacket in the car and at one point, had my hoodie tied around my waist. Ahhh...sweet.

Not only was the weather wonderful, but so was the company. After an emotionally draining week for both of us, it was great to be able to walk, sharing stories and experiences, trading advice and empathy. I'm so grateful for such amazing friends in my life ...and warm, sunny November days!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Janice, you are such a good writer! It you painted a perfect picture and now I want autumn back! It is always gone way too soon. Glad you had a nice time walking through the leaves. Love ya, Laur