Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Layoffs

In case you have heard or seen something in the media today, I thought I should fill you in on what's happening at work. First off, my job is safe for now but as you can imagine, a lot of my friends have lost their jobs and that is very sad.

Last week we were told that CTV was not applying to renew the licence on 2 of the 3 stations run out of our building. This signaled troubled times ahead. However, for 6 days, we didn't know how this would affect us. Today, we found out.

Effective today, our morning show was cancelled. Anyone who works directly for the morning show is laid off immediately. This includes my friend Chris who has worked here for about 20 years and one of my favourite co-workers Bob Smith...30 years! In addition to that, when Windsor & Wingham go off the air in August, more will be affected. This will include my friends Trevor, Duane & Murray. In total, 48 people were affected today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey my friend, you have been in my thoughts and prayers since I heard about this. Thanks for the update, and know that Chris and I will keep praying!