Monday, January 08, 2007

Grammie's 80th etc.


One week after celebrating Steve's 40th birthday, we celebrated my Grammie's 80th birthday! This is definitely a year of "ohs" in my family...with my 3-oh approaching much too quickly for my liking. Saturday was spent with family and friends, drinking coffee, eating cake and celebrating the remarkable life of my Grammie. Based on previous posts, I'm sure you can tell she is very special to me, so it was great to be able to celebrate such a milestone with her. I always like to tease her that she's half a century older than me!

Saturday night Jason & I went on a "double date" with Connie & Steve. We headed out for dinner at Wagg's and then did a little "rockin' bowling" at the Marcin Bowl. I actually surprised myself with my skill level that night! I'm not a bowler by any stretch of the imagination, but I actually got several strikes & spares and ended up with a final score of 102. Due to a technical glitch...Steve ended up winning with a fake score of 115 but really Jason was the winner of the evening, edging me out by ONE point.

Yesterday Jason & I spent the day watching Prison Break. Yes, I'm obsessed with that show...I've even posted about it before. What can I say? I love it. We ended up making our way through 10 episodes with 12 more to go.

Today I started my new regime at work. I discovered last Wednesday that as of today, my schedule would change to 3:15-11:45pm. Needless to say, this is a big change. I'm not exactly sure how I feel about it yet, but I'm trying to look at the positives. I got to sleep in this morning and I'll be able to go to midnight movies if I want. (I probably won't but the option is there if I want!) It will be nice in the summer when I can head to the beach BEFORE work. However, it also means I won't see some of my favourite co-workers anymore as they will be gone by the time I get here, and I'll have no "evenings". I'm adjusting.

No comments: