Friday, December 08, 2006

I take that back...





Ok, last night I was singing the praises of the fluffy blanket of snow. Um, I take that back. While it is still really beautiful...it has basically shut down our city! Today everything is closed from the University to the bus line. I went out to shovel this morning (after shovelling at 9pm last night) and the snow was about 2 feet deep against the door. I managed to scoop out a little path to the sidewalk which was also completely filled in. So, I cleared a path to our laneway. Jodi (who is a teacher on SNOW DAY) is currently out there trying to uncover her car. The photo above shows how much snow fell after she came in last night at 10pm. Today is the first day in 7.5 years that work actually called me to say... "hold off on coming in until we see how things go". The crazy thing is that tomorrow the temperature is going above zero and will stay there for a few days, so I guess it won't be lasting long. In the meantime, if you live in London, enjoy your snow day. If you don't live in London, apparently you have no idea what I'm talking about!

No comments: