Tuesday, November 08, 2016

Driver Wanted. Driver Found.

If you know me, you know my love of VW's Beetle. I have all kinds of "bug" paraphernalia that has been gifted to me over the years - from Christmas tree ornaments to a cookie cutter.

I bought my first Beetle in 2002. It was yellow and it was my dream car. I had wanted a yellow Beetle since I was a little girl. Finally, it was mine. I loved that car. It really became a part of me - I became synonymous with yellow Beetles, and Beetles in general.

I was heartbroken in 2009 when I was rear ended. I quickly transitioned into my silver Beetle, although it was never quite the same. I had become accustomed to the control panel, heated seats and flower vase. And the silver car had a sunroof!

As we know, everything has a season. And the season of my love bug has now ended. It had a good run - 14 years! We knew that after we were married and settled in, we'd look at getting a more family-friendly vehicle. Two doors and zero trunk space was wearing on me and I was ready for a change.

After being listed just two weeks, I found a buyer. It was comforting to me that my little bug was going to a girl that reminded me of me. I wanted the new driver to enjoy it as much as I had! Devin later commented that when she arrived, she looked like a young Janice. Indeed...we were wearing the same shoes. LOL.

And just like that, it's gone. One last drive into Ingersoll to get the paperwork and I've closed that chapter. OK, there were a few tears, I'll admit. But, the new chapter is just beginning and I can't wait to see what's in store.



I thought I'd include my Kijiji ad here :)

Driver Wanted.

Punchbuggy! Love Bug. Beetle. It has many names and is loved around the world. Picture yourself cruising your neighbourhood while your neighbours stop and slug each other! 

VW’s Beetle has been my daily driver since 2002 and has not disappointed me. German engineering coupled with the awesome service at Autobahn Motors has kept me safe on the road. Rest assured, I lovingly took care of her by having regular service from Chris and his team.

This Beetle came into my life when her older sister met an untimely demise in 2009. She has been a great companion on many road trips! But, don’t fret. VW has a reputation for going the distance.
VW’s Beetle has been my “dream car” for as long as I can remember. It’s now time for my dream to become your reality. My days of being single and footloose and fancy free have matured into family life and a 2 door car is impractical for us. I’m returning to my roots and have shifted into a pick up truck.

Check out her awesome features:

  • Heated seats – quickly became my favourite feature, especially in the winter
  • Sunroof – for those awesome sunny days
  • Impeccably clean interior – very few back seat passengers for the duration
  • Flower vase – throwback to the 60s!
  • Membership into the VW family

No comments: