Wednesday, March 11, 2015

The Alternative Christmas Card

I absolutely love getting things in the mail. I've been this way since I can remember. As a kid I would write letters to my cousin Wendy and eagerly await her reply, which usually included some stickers.

It seems sending cards in the mail is a thing of the past. And that, my friends, makes me sad. I'd like to remind you that ten years from now, you won't be able to sit down with a coffee and pull out a shoebox full of Facebook posts to re-read. Nope, not the same.

That's why I wanted to take a minute and write about this lovely card and the sentiment behind it. Reid & Carolyn had their first kiss on Valentine's Day and, being the hopeless romantics that they are, they send Valentine cards as most people would send Christmas cards. Isn't that sweet? I love it. A great little surprise in my mailbox. Thanks Juniper!

No comments: