Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Long Weekend



Well, this weekend was the "unofficial kick-off" to summer. However, it certainly didn't feel like it! The weather was chilly and wet. I did manage to squeeze in a number of movies though. In fact, I haven't watched that many movies in that short of time since May 24 weekend of 2002! I watched Hotel Rwanda (very moving) Alfie (not worth the time to watch it) DaVinci Code (pretty good) and Shakespeare In Love (can't imagine why it swept the Oscars) I'm not a big movie-watcher so it's good to get caught up on a few that are on "the list".

On Saturday I was able to wash my car which was nice. It hadn't been washed since the fall! YIKES. I didn't realize how dirty it was until I started washing. I was quite annoyed when I went out later in the day and had a big splotch of bird crap on my door.

Some of my friends from Sarnia came on Saturday. That was fun as we never get a chance to hang out anymore. Karla, Carla and Beck came for a BBQ and a rousing game of Settlers. It was nice to relax and catch up on what everyone's up to.

On Sunday I stopped at Home Depot to buy paint for my kitchen. Next week I'll be doing a little home improvement project. I'm really looking forward to the end result but not so much the work in getting there. Jodi, my roommate, will be in Florida so I'm on my own! I started on the weekend by painting a shelving unit from the kitchen. It looks good now, but ended up taking way longer than I expected. (lots of nooks & crannies) I'll be sure to post a before and after photo of my handiwork. :)

Well, I must go...we are awaiting the arrival of Prime Minister Stephen Harper here in the A-Channel studio. Wow, my first time to see a PM in the flesh. Cool.

No comments: