Monday, November 21, 2005

The Man In Black


I just had a Johnny Cash-packed weekend. I have been anticipating the release of "Walk The Line" since I heard it was in production. The date finally arrived! My friend Char and I had plans to see it on release night. (I even dressed all in black) I had heard all the hype about this movie and was prepared for an "oscar-worthy" performance, but I just could not get over how bang-on he was. Joaquin Phoenix became Johnny Cash. Now, I might be a tiny-bit biased since I love Johnny Cash, but I thought the movie was amazing. I'd see it again in a heart-beat. One of the really cool things in the movie was when he proposed to June...it was in LONDON ONTARIO!!! The rest of the weekend I spent listening to his music, watching various specials on TV and reading anything I could find about the Man In Black. I highly recommend this movie to anyone who has any interest in Johnny Cash.

No comments: