Friday, December 14, 2018

Jazzy Christmas

Last week we attended a Jazzy Christmas concert, organized by Cody's piano teacher. The kids were encouraged to play a duet with Christopher Norton and live Christmas music was the perfect setting to get us in the holiday spirit!

Cody was not into practicing in the weeks leading up to the concert. He had been sick and it was a battle to get him to sit down to the piano. So, he told Dianne he didn't want to do a duet.

We arrived at the church and settled into our seats. After a few solo songs, Christopher talked with the audience and asked if there was anyone there that could not play the piano. Devin's hand went up and he was promptly asked if he'd like to learn! He was soon on the stage learning to play Jingle Bells.



I as so impressed! So was Cody! Daddy obviously paved the way for when Christopher asked "Has anyone been learning O Holy Night? Would they like to play it with me?"...Cody's hand went up. I was so proud of him. He didn't really prepare to do this song, but away he went. It was beautiful. It's my favourite Christmas carol and I had tears in my eyes as I listened to him. I'm so very proud of this boy and all of the new challenges and accomplishments he has taken on!

No comments: